A company moving to a new location isn’t always earth-shattering news, but, then, not every move involves us constructing a brand-spanking-new state-of-the-art world headquarters dedicated to the design, manufacturing, and distribution of the absolute best HDD tools in the world.
“Thanks to unprecedented growth over the past five years and projections for continued growth, we have made an investment in our customers, in the future, and, specifically in the customer satisfaction that has made Radius a leader in HDD tooling,”
The brand-new, cutting-edge, 35,000-square-foot building is located just outside Fort Worth, TX. The new location gives us a strategic advantage that continues to put the needs of our customers front and center and further improves our turnaround time for custom tooling.
“Our location near several major shipping hubs and Dallas-Fort Worth Airport allows Radius to offer unprecedented shipping service on both Large LTL freight as well as next-day/same-day express services,” said Wright.
The facility is three times larger than Radius’ previous headquarters and is the result of more than a year’s worth of development, design, and location research. Key to that process was focusing on material and production flow, with a company-wide dedication to continuous LEAN improvements to produce top-quality products, reduce unnecessary waste, and continually refine efficiency processes.
“Our LEAN improvements include the employment of various lifting technologies to speed handling and production while completely eliminating the need for forklifts or trucks in the manufacturing area and a complete LED and energy-efficient design that consumes less than half the electricity of our previous (and much smaller) shop,” said Wright.
The new facility will also offer expanded capacity and capabilities including:
- Increased capacity for immediate, 24/7, custom sub services
- Dedicated lines for maxi tool and auger head production
- Added capability for large maxi subs and reamer shafts
- Expanded machining and welding capabilities for PDC bit and PDC reamer manufacturing
- Additional space for multi-axis CNC machines and plasma table and three new dedicated production lines
- Additional automation in both CNC machining and welding areas to increase quality and lower production cost
- Triple the amount of warehouse space to maintain an expanded line of HDD tools, reamers, and accessories, many of which are in stock and immediately available
- Dedicated QC, testing, and product design departments
- Dedicated repair service area to offer speedy tool and reamer repair services
Radius HDD was founded with the goal of working directly with contractors to address issues with drilling tools. More than a decade later, Radius is the full-service leader in professional tools for HDD Professionals.
In the North Texas area? Stop by and we’ll give you a tour!
The new address is:
Radius HDD Tools
2525 Ranger Hwy
Weatherford, TX 76088